August 20 - I'm back! And how to stay in touch.

I just got back from my 2-week post visit to Peonga!  Several blog posts are to come about my adventures there, so stay tuned.  Several of you have asked about other ways to stay in touch with me, especially my mailing address. I've finally gotten around to posting my address on this blog - it's at the right-hand side of the page.  I might get another address later, but this one should work fine for now. 

A shameless plug for contact from home: letters and care packages would be great!  I will have lots of free time at post, so I'll try to write back to anyone who writes to me and send it using a cool Beninese stamp.  For care packages, anything you can think of would be great.  Unperishable food, seasonings, etc.  Reading material is also a good idea.  We have a good book sharing system among volunteers here, so if you send me a paperback book, or magazine, or anything I'll pass it on once I'm done with it.  Padded envelopes are much better than boxes, since I have to pay a larger fee at the post office to receive a box. 

Another random e-care package idea: several of you suggested songs for me to listen to while in Peace Corps before I left.  I bought most of them and have been enjoying your soundtrack to my adventures.  If you come across a song you think I'd like and want to send me a "care package" without going through the trouble of mail, feel free to gift me music through i-tunes.  I will have internet on my laptop soon through the cell phone network, and  I promise I'll think of you as I listen to my ipod on rainy nights in my tin-roofed hut when I need to think of home.  

I also have a cell phone.  If you are my friend on facebook or have my e-mail address, contact me and I can share the number.  I'm not going to post it on the blog, but would love to chat. 

More interesting posts to come in the next few days!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 15 - Why Peace Corps is Hard

Musings from a Bench in the Port Vila Post Office

"Blessed are the Flexible, for they shall Never be Bent out of Shape"